Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Effects of Sleep Deprivation...

Well, yesterday sure was a long day. Wake up call at 3 am, followed by 4 flights totally about 9 hours of actual flight time. We had to deal with some minor health issues among the group early in the morning, but after that, it became struggle just to stay awake. We all know those airplane seats are extremely comfortable; I mean you get to tilt your seat back a whole 2 inches! Wow! Anyway, after playing musical chairs on the airplane a few times, we finally arrived in gorgeous Panama City. We went with some very Godly friends to see the Panama Canal. Yes, you heard that right, my friends and I have now seen the Panama Canal up close and personal, and we have pictures to prove it (I also learned that one of my friends really likes to pose in pictures, haha, I bet you can't guess who!) After visiting the Canal, and the museum where we learned how it was built, we headed off for an authentic Panamadian dinner, before heading back to the airport. Also, just so you know, even caesar salads are better in Panama, it's amazing. We were all disappointed to have to leave that beautiful city behind, but we were excited to finally reach our destination. Therefore, we set out on our last flight of the day, during which I happened to totally cream my besties Sasha and Tanner at rummy :) On a more serious note though, we finally arrived in Quito, Ecuador, and drove to our hotel for a total of about 3 hours of sleep. Yippee. Then, to top it off, our alarms didn't go off, so we all had about 20 minutes to shower and be ready to go. I of course, being the genius that I am, got the knobs in the shower mixed up (because they were referring to the Spanish words instead of the English) and ended up taking a quite icy shower, literally. However, I was not alone in my "blonde moment". I was joined by my oh so very intelligent friend, Tanner. Haha, I love my friends :) In spite of our various setbacks in the early morning, we did manage to arrive in Cuenca, Ecuador. There will be much more information concerning our first day in Ecuador to come, so stay tuned! And keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having a great trip so far! We are all praying for you! Praise God in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it there safely!

    Gotta laugh about the showers...someone was telling about how they stand for the spanish words which are the opposite from ours... bet Sasha got it right! :)

    Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete